The Wire Rope Technical Board (WRTB) is an association of engineers from companies that account for more that 90 percent of the wire rope produced in the United States. It has the following objectives:
- To promote development of engineering and scientific knowledge relating to wire rope.
- To assist in establishing technological standards for military, governmental and industrial use.
- To promote development, acceptance and implementation of safety standards.
- To help extend the uses of wire rope by disseminating technical and engineering information to equipment manufacturers.
- To conduct and/or underwrite research for the benefit of both industry and user.
Phone: +1 703.299.8550
Fax: +1 703.299.9253
Mail: 801 North Fairfax Street, Suite 211, Alexandria, Virginia, 22314-1757
- Reference WRTB Wire Rope Sling User’s Manual for rated load tables for wire rope slings.
Always refer to the manufacturers specifications/specified rated load tables.
- Wire Rope User’s Manual
- Wire Rope Inspection Guidelines