WSTDA’s mission is to foster and further, in every lawful manner, the common interest of its members and industry. The WSTDA will:
- Promote dynamic relationships among its members and provide a forum for sharing information to improve quality and safety.
- Educate members and users by developing and publishing voluntary industry standards and allied reference materials.
- Serve as an information source to assist users and enforcement agencies in the proper selection, safe use, care and inspection of synthetic slings, tie downs and related load securement products.
- Cooperate with government agencies and other organizations having interest in the synthetic sling and tie down industry.
- Represent its members and the industry before governmental agencies, related organizations and the public.
- Conduct beneficial research and testing for our membership and cooperate with private government agencies similarly engaged.
Principal and alternate representatives of any Regular or Associate member are eligible to serve on the WSTDA Board of Directors, elected annually by the membership. The Board consists of nine members, each elected for two-year terms, and the officers of the Association, including the President, Vice President, and Secretary/Treasurer, who are elected annually by the Board of Directors.
If you are interested in being placed on the slate of nominees for election to the Board of Directors in the next election, please download a Board of Directors Application, complete the form, and submit to WSTDA at least six weeks prior to the next Annual Meeting. Full List Here.
- Reference WSTDA RS-1 Recommended Standard for Synthetic Polyester Roundslings for rated load tables for synthetic polyester roundslings.
- Reference WSTDA WS-1 Recommended Standard for Synthetic Web Slings for rated load tables for synthetic web slings.
Always refer to the manufacturers specifications/specified rated load tables.